Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little boy gives $1,000 to his neighbor


Note:  This photo came from the article. 

This article touched my heart. I like to read the news and stay updated with things going on in the world. Most of the stuff I read is bad or about negative things going on. So when I run across something like this, I melt. I think it is just precious.

This 8 year old boy, Wyatt Erber, won $1,000 by doing a scavenger hunt. He already knew that if he won, he wanted to give the money to his neighbor, 2 year old Cara Kielty, to go towards helping with her cancer treatments. Cara is Wyatt's neighbor and Wyatt played with her brother, Connor, a lot. Wyatt understands what cancer is and "his heart sank" when he found out Cara had cancer.

I think this is beyond precious that an 8 year old boy can do such a big act of kindness. We can learn a lot from Wyatt. A thousand dollars is a lot of money, especially for a young child. He didn't even give a second thought to where he wanted that money to go. He just wanted to help Cara.

My prayers go to Cara and her family. I hope she gets the treatments needed and lives a long, happy life. My heart goes to Wyatt for being such a caring person.

Just remember, if an 8 year old child can do something like this, then anyone can open their hearts and stop being so greedy and/or hateful. Share a little love.

Source:  http://gma.yahoo.com/illinois-boy-wins-1-000-donates-money-neighbor-193745824--abc-news-wellness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment