Friday, March 2, 2012

Honey Bee Cookies Recipe

I originally found this recipe through my search for honey cookies on A Cozy Kitchen's website.

I wanted to make my boyfriend some type of sweet for Christmas because I love baking and I was on a budget; however, he is not very big on sweets. He absolutely loves honey so I thought a honey cookie would be perfect. I searched online for recipes, which was somewhat a pain because I don't really like honey as much so I didn't know what would be good. I found this recipe and read through the comments and figured I would give it a try since it seemed to be a favorite.

*NOTE*  The recipe 
originally called for 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda & all purpose flour instead of self-rising flour, but I substituted those for self-rising 
flour. I also added a tad bit more 
honey than the 
recipe called for.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter, brown sugar, honey, & egg together in a bowl until smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides.
Then, stir in remaining ingredients.


Grease or line a baking sheet. (I lined) Then drop spoon fulls onto it.

Bake about 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies start to brown a bit along the edges.  The cookies look a bit shiny and like they have tiny little "holes" in them.  Let them cool a bit and then enjoy. :)

Once mine were finished, I put them in a little bucket to somewhat resemble a beehive.

The cookies were a definite hit. He loved them and so did his family. I actually ended up making more over Christmas break for everyone. Oh and the name of the cookies made them extra special because "our song" is Honeybee by Blake Shelton.

1 comment:

  1. These were YUMMY!!!!
    You did a great job on them!!

    ~A~

    ReplyDelete