Thursday, April 19, 2012

All Campus Sing Champs & 22nd Bday!


Today is my 22nd birthday. I have been so busy because today was also the day for Sigma Alpha Iota's 54th Annual All Campus Sing at MSU. We (Alpha Gamma Delta) have been practicing like crazy. This year was also the first year that I have actually participated in the event. So, I was super nervous. We practiced at 5:30 a.m. so I have been up way too long, since it's almost midnight.

So like I said practice this morning and then class. Then I spent the rest of the day getting ready for All Campus Sing. It began at 4:30 p.m. I was nervous but shook it off. The moment we were standing in line waiting for our turn to go up, I got huge butterflies in my stomach. I was extremely nervous. I was originally worried about not making my turns correctly and falling. Then I was scared I would faint. Well they announce our name and out we go. It all happened so fast. It was like I blinked my eyes and it was over.

When they announced our name as the 1st place winners, I was in shock. I couldn't believe we actually won. We deserved it for sure, but still. I was soooo excited, still am. I'm so proud of my sorority sisters. I know that practices can sometimes be a pain but the ending to this little story was perfect. Winning definitely made my birthday complete :)

It's 11:51 p.m. I still haven't changed out of my All Campus Sing clothes. I dislike that this day has gone by so fast so I'm refusing to accept it just yet. Haha. I would definitely say the birthday was a success.

Here we are performing 'Just Dance'

If the video doesn't work you can go to the following link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7xkErcDoc&context=C4a494f6ADvjVQa1PpcFMvWPGM80c2ntV7TEeARI0yHHkqvldwdp0=

OR

Visit the link for the entire performance.
(Alpha Gamma Delta starts at 2hours 13min):
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21948055

No comments:

Post a Comment