Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year with a New Attitude

Today is the last day of 2012, in case you didn't know. I actually have to work tonight, but at least I get off work before midnight. I haven't had much time to reflect on the year and all that jazz, BUT with the coming of a new year, comes resolutions. It seems that the majority of people make resolutions just because and have no real intention of actually accomplishing them. There are also people that don't partake in the New Year's resolutions because "why do you need a new year in order to make a change in your life." Here's my philosophy on the whole subject... Yes, people can make a change at any point in life BUT sometimes it helps to start with the beginning of a new year. It just gives that fresh start feeling. I have been like most, in the sense that I make resolutions every year. They are not well thought out and I don't usually accomplish them. This year I decided to put a little thought into it.

New Year's Resolutions


WRITE EVERY DAY THIS YEAR

I want to try to write something every single day this year; just some little insight into how I am feeling for that day or what I have done. Just something. I've written a great deal throughout the years and find it very insightful or interesting to see how I was at that point in my life, and also how other people were... like how our relationship was and how it's changed, etc.

WRITE 1 THING I'M THANKFUL FOR EVERY DAY

I want to write down 1 thing that I am thankful for every day this year. I got the idea because of Thanksgiving. During the month of November, a lot of people post what they are thankful for. So I thought, why not have a whole year of thankfuls? If nothing else, it will give me at least 1 positive thing for that day to reflect upon. Hopefully it will also help me be more grateful for the life I live and not take it for granted.

SAVE AT LEAST $1 A DAY

Obviously, it can be hard to save money, especially in this day and age. I want to make a goal of saving at least $1 a day. It may seem like a very small amount, but there are some days when I stretch my money thin. So I figure, if I save $1 each day then that would give me $365 at the end of the year at the bare minimum. Of course, if I can afford to save more than $1 then I definitely will. $365 is way more than I've had any other year, by the end anyways. Americans seem to buy into consumerism and living with debt. Money also seems to be a huge issue and stress with many people. I am choosing to not be that person. I want to live debt free and actually have a savings. 

You may be thinking... that's it. That's your resolutions? And to answer your question... yes. Hopefully these things will help me to have a better attitude and outlook when things get crappy AND hopefully I'll be able to start saving money. They are definitely possible to accomplish and helpful. Be safe.

Hopefully you put a little thought into your resolutions, and if nothing else, strive to be a better person. Hope you have a very Happy New Year! 

I can't believe 2012 is about to come to an end. As every other year, it has been a year of ups and downs with many lessons. I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me. To a better year and actually accomplishing my new year's resolutions for once.

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." - Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment