Friday, March 2, 2012

21st Shot Book Page

For clarification... this is just one spread for the shot book. I did not put the shot book together so I only have pictures for my part.

For my friend's 21st birthday, some of her friends made pages to go in a shot book for her. I have seen many different ways to do shot books, but this was the first time I've ever made a page for one. I don't have step by step pictures so if you have any questions, feel free to ask if you need help making yours.


Once you have all the materials, you're ready to begin. Most scrapbook pages are 12x12. I didn't have any paper that size so I had to improvise. I also wanted it to be colorful.

Step 1:
I layered my pages how I wanted them and measured them to equal a 12x12 page size. On the 1st page the pink was layered over the blue, and on the 2nd page the blue was layered over the pink. The green strip was taped behind all the other pages. Finally, the dotted page was centered between the blue and pink pages. (I tend to pay attention to very minor detail so I wanted it to be symmetrical in a sense.)
Step 2:
I then taped the back of the pages so they would stay together. I glued all of those pages together really well.
Step 3:
I used the computer to write the saying, "Here's to you" "It's your scene" "Now push on through" "to SHOT 14" and printed it out.
Step 4:
I layered each piece of the quote on purple construction paper, which made a thick purple border. I layered an extra piece of green paper under the "14" in order to make it pop. Then glued everything together.
Step 5:
Using the computer, I chose 5 photos for the page and sized them down so they would fit. I then printed them out.
Step 6:
I layered coral/pink paper behind each of the photos, which made a thin border. Then I glued those together.
Step 7:
For the STFX area, I layered green and coral/pink paper & glued them together. I then used a black permenant marker to write the letters.
S = shot (being taken)
T = time (it was taken)
F = from (who bought the shot)
X = signature (this is where the birthday person signs their name)
Step 8 (Finally):
I arranged everything on the pages in an aesthetically pleasing way and glued everything down. And Wah-lah! There you have the finished piece.





Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment